- Effective in treating nail infections-Most patients receive some improvement in 3,6,9 and/or 12 months after one treatment session.
- New nail grows out with no signs of infection.
- No significant adverse effects.
- Not effective in all patients.
- Final result seen after nail grows out (4-12 months).
- Usual side effects: feeling of warmth (only during treatment).
- Rare side effects: Discoloration/burn marks on surface of the nail. Slight or mild pain (only during treatment). Redness of the treated skin around the nail (lasting 24-72 hours). Slight swelling of the treated skin around the nail (lasting 24-72 hours).
- Rare laser effect:
- Sometimes the laser creates "sparks", on the surface of the nail-this does not cause any problems.
* Extremely rare laser effects (did not occur during clinical studies): Blistering of the treated skin around the nail. Scarring of the treated skin around the nail. p.4
CLEAR NAIL LASER CENTERS
ABOUT PINPOINT LASER TREATMENT
HOW DOES THE LASER WORK?
This patented laser is specially designed to shine through your toenail and destroy the specific pathogens embedded in and under your nail causing the infection. The Foot Laser operates in the very tight spectrum of near infa red light.
IS THIS LASER PAINFUL?
There is no discomfort associated with the gentle laser light beam during or after your treatment. The laser does not harm healthy tissue or affect your activity in any way.
DOES IT REALLY WORK?
In the first clinical study, earlier this year, 88% of the treated patients grew out a normal looking nail after one treatment. After the one treatment, the nail plate should grow out normally in 6-12 months jf there is a healthy nail bed. This result is better than the success rate for the pill, Lamisil, which you take for three months with risks and side effects.
IS THIS TREATMENT SAFE?
Yes! In clinical studies there have been NO adverse reactions, injuries, disabilities, or known Side effects associated with laser treatment. Unlike oral medications on the market today for fungal toenails, there are NO risks to the fiver or kidneys. There are no age or health restrictions or limitations.
CAN I WALK AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Yes-the treatment does not harm you in any way. You will be able to put on your shoes and walk out of the office, just as well as you walked in.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE?
On average, it takes 20-30 minutes for all 10 toenails. The vast majority of our patients require only one treatment.
DOES MY INSURANCE PAY FOR THIS?
Because this treatment is considered aesthetic, health insurance plans do not cover this treatment. We accept major credit cards and personal checks or you may use your Flexible Spending account from work. We also offer an interest free payment plan through Care Credit.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The laser treatment is applied to all the toenails on both feet, even the ones that appear uninfected. This reduces the chance of re-infection and takes about 30 minutes. There is a free initial consultation with the doctor to see jf you are a candidate for the treatment. If you elect to have the laser treatment after your consultation, the treatment is between $650.00 to $995.00 depending on the severity of the initial infection. If in 3 months there is a poor response a touch up treatment will be provided at no charge. If your infection is resistant or has not responded in 6 months an additional treatment will be offered at a discount based on the severity of the infection.
WHY HAVENT I HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE?
This is NEW laser technology and has only recently become available to the public. Or Jonathan Steinberg is one of the first doctors to use this technology.